Ghost of Tsushima, the action-adventure game set during the first Mongol Invasion of Japan, is getting an Iki Island Expansion. The expansion will be part of a freshly released ‘Directors Cut’. The ‘Director’s Cut’ will feature: ‘
- Full game;
- Iki Island expansion: New story, mini-games, enemy types and more;
- Legends online co-op mode;
- Digital mini art book;
- One Technique Point;
- Charm of Hachiman’s Favor;
- Hero of Tsushima Skin Set: Golden Mask, Sword Kit, Horse, Saddle;
- Director’s commentary: The creative team sits down with a renowned Japanese historian to look at the world of Ghost of Tsushima and how it compares to the real-life events that inspired it.
Many of the above items will be available as in-game unlockables.
In the eyes of many, Ghost of Tsushima should have won Game of the Year (GOTY) in 2020. It was narrowly beaten to the punch by The Last of Us 2. Lack of awards aside, it’s hard to argue with the critical reaction to the games release. Ghost of Tsushima has been awarded scores of 90%+ on multiple of the highest regarded review sites. Additionally, thousands of fans have also praised the game for it’s beautiful landscapes, immersive action and solid storyline.
New PS5 Features
Ghost of Tsushima Director’s Cut will hit the PS5 with a multitude of new features, designed specifically for the advanced console. These include:
- Haptic feedback and adaptive triggers;
- 3D audio;
- Drastically improved load times;
- Different 4K resolution options;
- Targeted 60 fps.
For those of you that have already finished the game (or are at least most of the way through it), you’ll be happy to know your saved file from the PS4 will transfer over to PS5.
The PS5 version will also feature English or Japanese lip sync.
The ‘Director’s Cut’ will come to both PS4 and PS5 consoles on August 20, 2021.
Ghost of Tsushima was created by Sucker Punch Productions and published by PlayStation Studios in 2020.