In awesome news for fans of the most recent Star Wars game, Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order has received a new, and surprising free DLC pack. The DLC is now live for gamers to snap up and features a battle grid, new and excited combat challenges and New Games Plus.
As part of their May the 4th celebrations, Respawn, the Developers of the game, launched the below video to build excitement for the new update.
The brand new cosmetics and challengers are designed to add a level of replay-ability to the game. Despite receiving mostly positive reviews upon release, the one aspect of the game that is perhaps a disappointment is the lack of replay potential. The game, in its original state, offers most of its components the first time around. Respawn are hoping that with this gift DLC, players will jump back in and redo the campaign from the beginning.
The brand new challenges will allow you to battle in either Combat Challenges or a Battle Grid. The Combat Challenges will pit the games protagonist against waves of enemies. The Battle Grid will allow you to create your own battles as you’re able to play your enemies on your own battle grid.It’s suggested that the games Jedi-apprentice, Cal Kestis, will not only face off with the games monsters, but also other characters, such as Bounty Hunters. The new cosmetic additions will give players a greater range of lightsaber colours and styles to choose from.
The addition of New Journey Plus Mode is an added bonus, as it will allow players who have already finished the game, to play through once again with already earned abilities and cosmetics. Of course, Respawn have not allowed players to retain all of their abilities, as this is a major element to the overall gameplay.
Here are all the updates available with this DLC
- New Journey + added
- Unlocked after beating the game
- All cosmetic unlocks are carried over
- All lightsaber colours are available from the start
- Exclusive dark side-themed cosmetics available in NJ+
- Inquisitor uniform
- Protection and Defence I & II lightsaber parts
- Red kyber crystal
- Meditation Training game modes added as part of NJ+
- Combat Challenges
- Wave-based game modes to fight against preset enemies
- Battle Grid
- Sandbox-style game mode for players to make their own encounters
- Cosmetic rewards for BD-1
- Combat Challenges
The following accessibility and bug fixes have also been added:
- Button-mashing quick-time events can now be skipped
- Needing to hold the Climb button can now be disabled
- Holding a button to confirm/interact with something can be changed to a button press
- Text size scaling options have been added
Bug Fixes and Tweaks
- Improved transitions between parry and block animations
- The Bog Rats on Bogano were sometimes floating. They should now be more grounded.
- Improved the transitions into and out of jumping and double jumping
- Fixed the issue where Cal could get stuck in an endless falling loop during air attacks
- Fixed the issue that would prevent Cal from progressing his journey when a Bounty Hunter would show up
- Improved overall responsiveness of gameplay and the reliability of actions based on player feedback